If you are willing to do cardio workout choose Stationary Bike as your primary option. I have typed this post for those who want to know about Stationary Bike Workout. Before any exercise prepare your mind that it will not be easy and you have to do it even if you are not feeling comfortable.
Start workout slowly when you feel you are going well then you can think for longer workout mean spending more time.
Stationary Bike Workout
Pedaling is one of my favorite exercises and I am sure it will put amazing effects on your fitness and making your joints stronger. Some of the stationary bike workout advantages are mentioned here.
From little to no force on the joints so having problems in the knees and hips will not make you uncomfortable while workout. It is seated this is why its acceptable for you even if you are suffering from chronic back pain.
You can set your stationary bike inside the home, so bad weather will not stop you from exercising.
Cycling is knees friend workout
You can get ride out or recover from knees pain by cycling as it makes your joints naturally smoother and may strengthen quads. It also can help you in strengthing your knees muscles that also can navigate knee pain.
Create your own workout
Custom options are given in many stationary bikes where you can create your own workout program by making changes in up and down resistance.
Best practices for Stationary Bike Workout
- Set a force that makes you able to work at the specific rate of perceived exertion (RPE) from very easy (1) to very hard rate (10). RPE will let you feel about the level of difficulty. If you feeling too difficult or very east to workout then make changing in resistance and speed until you feel you are ok with it.
- Do This exercise at 4 times a week.
- After a few weeks make this workout little bit longer by adding a few minutes.
Workout schedule for beginners
- 5 Minutes: startup with an easy pace with low resistance.
- 3 Minutes: escalate the resistance from 1 to 4.
- 2 Minutes: continue workout with increased resistance as long as you are working a bit harder than a startup.
- 3 Minutes: Back to your baseline by decreasing the resistance.
- Repeat this process except for startup.
How to progress?
When feeling comfortable with the beginning level process you can move to the next level by adding more time I will suggest you 7 minutes to the startup level and 4 minutes to the harder level. Continue with this process for 2 weeks you can repeat the same process for your progress.
Workout schedule for hard level
- Do twenty seconds of high-scaling cycling then rest for 10 seconds and repeat it ten times.
- Workout for 2 minutes at the medium-high intensity, take 3 minutes then keep it up for 8 times. The goal of this workout is that your heart level should be at max rate each time.
Stationary Bike Workout for burning belly fat
75 minutes exercise at medium resistance and pace on Monday, Wed, and Friday. 30 minutes workout at the high pace on Tuesday and Thursday. There are high chances that after a couple of weeks your body will be sore.
To overcome body sore problem watch TV during the workout and use different variations to keep it fresh. like changing the interval time to adjust your body in different ways. Group workout also can help to do enough exercise.